Skip to main content

Yoruba leaders have warned President Buhari not to arrest me- Sunday Igboho says

 Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho, says Yoruba leaders have called President Buhari and warned him not to allow the police to arrest him.

 

Igboho made news last week following the eviction notice he gave to Fulanis residing in Igangan, Ibarapa north local government area of Oyo state. His comment reportedly incited some of his supporters to destroy houses and cars, including those of Saliu Kadri, the Seriki Fulani of Igangan.

 

Following the attack on the Fulani settlement, the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, directed the state Commissioner of Police, Ngozi Onadeko, to arrest Igboho and transfer him to Abuja.

 

In a recent video shared by Femi Fani-Kayode, former minister of aviation, Igboho while addressing a crowd, said Yoruba leaders are not pleased with the killing of their people by herdsmen and have warned President Buhari against arresting him.


Click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’ll disappoint you with no apologies. Stop calling me your role model — Media personality Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa has asked parents to stop putting pressure on her by telling her their daughters look up to her.   She has also asked people to stop making her their role models.    She explained that the pressure placed on her to be a role model "has to stop"   She further advised parents to raise their kids to see themselves as a work in progress.   She wrote: "Guys I gotta get this off my chest, pls stop calling me your role model, I am no ones role model, me sef I am looking for “role model”. The pressure of my kids love you and you are their role model has to stop. Raise your kids to see themselves as a work in progress." She added: "If a part of my life inspires you, by all means use it as a guideline to be better, pls I am also trying out this thing called life. I am not perfect, I will disappoint you with no apologies. I disappoint myself too, the difference is I get up and move on.   "I accept my flaws all, I am under no pressure to fit into your ide...

Nobody is safe around the world until everyone is vaccinated - SGF Boss Mustapha

  Secretary to the government of the federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha has said that no one in the world is safe until everyone gets the Coronavirus vaccine.    Speaking during a sensitization meeting with leaders of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Abuja on Monday February 1, the SGF who is the chairman of the presidential task force on COVID-19 called on religious leaders to step up to educate their followers about the pandemic.    Mustapha who averred that every Christian should be an advocate for vaccines, also noted that the global infections have exceeded one hundred million while fatalities have also crossed the two million mark.   He said;    “The COVID-19 pandemic is the most significant global public health emergency of our generation.  “Humanity has been under the siege of this virus since 30th of January, 2020 (exactly one year ago) when the WHO declared it as such. It has taken lives, consumed trillions ...

Hospitality redefined as Spanish Kingdom Resort/Annex Opens

  Hospitality will never be same again in Imo state capital Owerri, as the tastefully furnished Spanish Kingdom Resort/ annex comes alive. You were left astounded at the sight of Spanish Kingdom hotel Owerri, a taste of the luxury Spanish hospitality at its best in Nigeria, then wait till you experience the beauty that is Spanish Resort.   With strict adherence to COVID-19 protocols, Spanish Kingdom Resort/annex located at No.6 Spanish Kingdom Avenue, off  Owerri–Onitsha Road, first of its kind in the southeastern part of Nigeria, boasts of new sets of 2bedroom Serviced apartments, a semi-indoor pool, blissful ambience of the natural lush green garden, exclusive VVIP Lounge, Five Star Gym ,Tennis Court, and well fortified security network.   Home to captains of industries,Top Politicians,Movie stars,International Footballers and top players, Spanish Kingdom Resort/annex is the new hospitality hub in the eastern heartland Owerri. CLICK HERE